Friday, June 15, 2007

Magic:tG :: Four the win :: 061507


---
So, 10th Edition's in black borders, have legendary permanents (Legacy Weapon?) and includes the Beacon Cycle. Is it really a core set or just reprints of old staples? I mean, Windborn Muse, Beacon of Unrest, Goblin Piledriver, Overrun and... hmm... I guess Blue's getting nothing eh? Oh well - The other cards are powerful though. Here's a set of four decks that I might play next standard season (Right Click-> View Image to see it more clearly):


So, a quick deck description one at a time. The first is a classic Goblin Sligh which is again viable because of 10th Edition's Incinerate + Goblin Piledriver inclusions. The gameplan is simple, early game pop out some goblins, midgame burn to the dome, and late game Blood Moon + Goblin King for the last few bits of life. Its weaknesses are its inconsistency (Goldfish kills at turn 5 normally, one to two turns slower than the current top tier decks).

Next in the line is a Flourishing Aeons deck, a combo deck which is reminiscent of the classic Stasis decks. Early game it disrupts the enemy's game through Gigadrowse and Exhaustion, before recurring either Walk the Aeons or Exhaustion using Reclaim and Recollect while Patagia Viper attacks overhead.

After that is the powerful Swarm Deck, a midrange tempo deck. Early game, set up a few walls on the ground and win midgame through Sprout Swarm + Overrun Combo. The deck needs to stop the opposition through its walls before it can attack for massive damage, which is why there's 12x Defender cards maindeck. The other cards are either to help Sprout Swarm (Wall of Roots, Centaur Omenreader) or to help the massive Overrun (Baru, Nacatl War-pride and Wildebeests). This is one of the more powerful decks I designed over the week.

Next up is my personal favorite, AggroCon Slivers (yes, I've got a thing for slivers). The build packs hell of a lot of removal, from damage (Lightning Helix, Seal of Fire, Cautery Sliver) to destroy effects (Mortify, Necrotic Sliver). It gains life (Lightning Helix, Essence Sliver) and has virtual pump spells (Marshalling Cry, Sidewinder Sliver, Sinew Sliver and Sedge Sliver). What? Did I just say the whole deck? Well, that's because the whole deck is very streamlined, with very little room left for tech. Which is both a good and a bad thing.

Anyhow, those are my four deck for the win post, see you again next time!
---
Ps> I wish my blogs have deck/card tags like MTGSal
Ps2> I know, I haven't posted an Episode post this week. I'm working on it.

No comments: