Monday, June 25, 2007

SWNow :: Episode 10 :: Peon :: 062507

---
I thought Joy got the concept of the '3d Internet' that was supposed to be our thesis. It turned out that she didn't, which is why she's having doubts about the plausibility of our thesis. I won't blame her though - even I doubt it's plausibility. Here's the gist of it:

1.) The input is basically a text file (from notepad or any other text editor), and the output is shown on our program (the 'Browser').
2.) The processes involved is the interpretation of the text file into 3d shapes. Which is basically just a 'lexical analyzer'.
3.) The output is a 3d rendered landscape according to the attributes set by the text file.

Example:
Text file - < Room width="6" length="6" height="10" > < Table > < /Table > < /Room >
Browser Output - a three dimensional 6x6x10 room (w/o walls) with a three dimensional table in the center (Position 3,3,1). Everything doesn't have textures, and the background is just pure white with a black grid.

Basically, we're just using an HTML-like language of sorts in order to render a scene. The attributes of the objects are inside the tag, and you can place objects within objects That's it - our whole thesis. Pretty simple concept, pretty huge program. I'm planning to use Microsoft VB.Net in conjunction with Microsoft Silverlight (For platform and browser independence) and Microsoft DirectX9 (for 3d Rendering). If anyone out there who knows some resources I can use, please PLEASE leave a comment. I'm gonna need all the help I can get on this one.

Hmm... What else... I've met all but one of my teachers this semester, and they're all normal. I'm gonna need to take my Engineering Electromagnetics class seriously this time though, or else. Darn it, I really need my TODO list shortened by tommorow... So until my next post (expect that later this night - I promise I'll post something!), Ciao! ^^
---

No comments: