Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SWNow :: Episode 26 :: Got Banned :: 112807



As usual, ryt click + view image. Or better yet, click here.
---
After three days, I got banned from Valkyrie. ^^ Hehehe, I guess I was caught using a 'third-party program'. Anyway, here's what I found out about the free-to-play server that's not written (I think) at the official site:

1.) Valkyrie is a PK Server.

2.) Some items that can be bought from Hypermart expires after a few days. I think the items all have the 'Neo' prefix and a seven day expiration after the 'box' containing the item is opened.

3.) The most sought after item in the mart is the Field Manual (+100% Exp Rate) and the Bubble Gum (+50% Drop Rate). Each come in boxes (five items/box) that can be bought for 1000 Rok Points (50.oo Php), although this week (and this week alone), there's a sale: each box can be bought for 400 Rok Points (20.00 Php).

4.) The Thor Server is going down permanently on November 30. On its place will rise the Valhalla, a Non-Pk Free Server just like Valkyrie. HOWEVER - Level 70 and above characters from Thor server will be migrated into the Valhalla server, complete with their stored items! Which sux.

5.) According to a few sources (IRC, Forums, etc), Level Up Games is tracking botters (aka 'Third-party Program'-users) using a combination of Surprise Maintenance and a so-called 'Timeout' System. The server suddenly goes down, and a script will run at the Login server, flagging all accounts that try to access the server that has an exact timeout delay. Meaning, anyone who accesses the server exactly every 10seconds (Kore timeout default) is automatically flagged. Changing the timeout doesn't work (Apparently. That got me banned), and unless you modify the source code of the Kore (or any of the bot's variants) you're using to randomize the timeout, I don't think you can avoid getting caught. Btw, the server resumes its normal activity after 30 mins.

6.) The drop rate is 1.0 - which is freaking too low. I left my bot to roam payon 7 (Elder Willow Forest) to harvest some Trunks, and after almost 9hours, i got only 10 Trunks! Wtf? Given that the bot is online only 1/2 of that time (The server almost always disconnects after an hour or so - sync error, aka Lag), that is still too few.

7.) I'd rather play RFOnline. Below is the reason why:
---

---
That's a teaser from CCR, creator of RFOnline, about RF Online Episode 2, Giga 3 (It's currently Giga 1 right now, Giga 2 next month). Interplanetary battles would be awsome - and that Gundam-like Accretian Rocks! ^^;

Aside from those, a lot of disasters happened. The Typhoon Nina, The Return of Typhoon Lando, and an Earthquake, to be exact. o_0 Anyway, we're (thankfully) not affected by these. And right now, I'm thinking about my thesis. I hope that one doesn't become a disaster as well. Anyhow, I guess I'll go back to coding the web application... Ciao, for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not really that they will be able to get their items completely, at least you get the idea.

So, what are your plans now? Continue to Valkyrie? Or shall we play at Valhalla instead?

- Jin Rui